Graphics Cards

xereticus
Journeyman III

Weird problem with GPU

Hello.
GPU - RX 480 8GB
CPU - Ryzen 2700 CPU.
MOBO - AORUS GAMING 7

For a couple of months, I have a very rare problem in terms of full-screen playback of videos, and video games.
(YT, VLC, Games ...)

It happens that when I am playing something, I do ALT + TAB, or I simply close the game. When trying to watch a video in full screen, it looks very slow, lagged, choppy etc ... (only full screen, in window the error does not occur)

I temporarily solve it by doing Shift + CTRL + WIN KEY + B / to reset the graphics controller.
But it is only temporary. When I start a program again in full screen or windowed the error returns.

It's pretty weird, I've never had anything like this. And this started at the end of 2019 (december). And so far I have to do that in order to make everything work well.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Yes, I tried to reinstall with DDU, but it doesn't seem to work.

Thank you all.

0 Likes
2 Replies
xereticus
Journeyman III

up!

0 Likes

What type of Temperatures are you showing for your GPU card and Ryzen CPU? 

Check Device Manager and check to be sure you are not having any driver errors or yellow exclamation marks.

Run DXDIAG and see if any errors pop up. If you have a chance, Attach DXDIAG.txt to your reply.

Stress test your GPU card and see if it passes or shows any errors or problems. I personally like using OCCT. I would stress test your GPU and CPU first and then stress test your PSU. 

See if you notice any overheating or PSU output issues during the stress testing of the GPU, CPU, & PSU.

0 Likes