cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

MrDrip
Journeyman III

Weird graphs on destiny 2 with and without newest drivers

Ever since I updated my drivers I have gotten horrible drops and stuttering. I even rolled back the drivers and its still the same problem. My card is an rx 6650xt so its well qualified to run the game, and i have 32g of memory. Even when I turn the graphics lower its still the same issue. It seems to be mainly when stuff spawns in or a lot is happening on the screen. I have a picture of a graph that i ran during a strike and it seems weird to me but im not an expert. Please I need some help it has made the game almost unplayable. I don't think its a utilization issue but i would love someone who knows alot more to help me.Screenshot (13).png

0 Likes
8 Replies
Cioky
Journeyman III

I have some problems with the rx6650xt as well, i bought it a few days ago and i am using it in a a320m-k which is pcie 3 x16 but due to the gpu itself being x8 my games are running slower like in a bench in the witcher i got like 30fps in 2k and a normal rx 6650xt would get about 55-60fps, i dont know if the motherboard is the problem, i have a 550 psu and i also tested it on another pc with an h310m-k which is about the same board but with an 650w psu gold, so i ll assume the motherboard itself its the problem, sooo what board are u using?

0 Likes

Im using a B550 but my cpu only supports gen 3, so i don't think its the motherboard. I was also getting rough fps on warzone but when i switched from battlenet to steam it fixed it. My brother also has a similar card and MW2 topped out at 80 when he used to get closer to 140.

0 Likes
Uprising
Adept I

Have you tried using display driver uninstaller if not try DDU in safe mode use the top option clean and restart disconnect the internet so windows doesn’t try installing anything then try the drivers you had before the update if you can remember what they were.

0 Likes

2574B3ED-34DC-47F2-99F4-EE3DBED39BDE.jpeg

I forgot about the graphs this is from a gpu I’m testing it’s normal to see spikes up and down but if the game is lagging when you see those big drops there might be a problem. You will see drops if parts of the game are more cpu dependent or when loading.

0 Likes

Are you saying its my CPU or is it still GPU related. Im not that knowledgeable when it comes to things like this.

0 Likes

No if it happened after the driver update it’s most likely the gpu driver. What I was saying about the cpu is different parts of a game will use more or less of the cpu so if part of the game maxes out the cpu then the gpu will be limited by the cpu and you will see drops in gpu usage and clocks that’s normal. have you tried DDU.

0 Likes
MrDrip
Journeyman III

So upon further testing, its actually happening on Rainbow six siege too. Which brings me to believe its an issue with the new driver and DX11 as they are both DX11 titles.

0 Likes
Cioky
Journeyman III

I am literally getting 1660 super or about that performance on the witcher 3, like in 1080p in ultra+ i get like 40-50 fps

https://youtu.be/Ac57ZpfsZA4 litearlly you can see here

my specs are r5 5600 and 16 gb ram ripjaws V at 3200mhz 2x8

also i am using as a motherboard the a320m-k

0 Likes