Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

RoboWench
Journeyman III

warranty question

Hello,

I'm looking at picking up a reference 7900 xt/xtx and wondering does AMD cover shipping on RMA issues?

Being from Canada our postal rates can be annoying and cross border shipping pricing is bad.

I typically buy ASUS as they have a RMA centre here and provide a pre-paid shipping label, but I can't find any ASUS 7900xt/xtx in the wild yet.

Powercolor, Sapphire, XFX seem to either not cover customer shipping RMA to them or charge a administration fee to send it to their HQ from what I've read.

Thanks!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

If you purchase a GPU directly from AMD you have a 2 year Warranty on it.

This is part of the AMD Warranty for GPU for the 6900XT but probably also applies to the 7900XT:

Screenshot 2022-12-31 005945.png

As you see you have to pay for shipping costs to RMA the GPU card back to AMD for Warranty.

This link for the AMD Warranty on all of  AMD Hardware: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/rma-terms

If you purchase from a 3rd party Manufacturer you will need to go through them for Warranty service.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If you purchase a GPU directly from AMD you have a 2 year Warranty on it.

This is part of the AMD Warranty for GPU for the 6900XT but probably also applies to the 7900XT:

Screenshot 2022-12-31 005945.png

As you see you have to pay for shipping costs to RMA the GPU card back to AMD for Warranty.

This link for the AMD Warranty on all of  AMD Hardware: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/rma-terms

If you purchase from a 3rd party Manufacturer you will need to go through them for Warranty service.

Thanks! Apparently I missed that.

0 Likes

I live in the states and was able to get an RMA approved about a week and a half ago. I was sent a prepaid fedex shipping label. It may also be limited to my case (doa card) or limited to USA only as well.

Just a heads up.

Good point.

Maybe it depends where you live or the reason for the RMA but the above Warranty Term for the 6900XT does mention that AMD won't cover for Shipping costs for replacing the GPU.

I tried to find out from LG Warranty on my LG 4K Monitor where the screen is going bad and was told I needed to pay to ship the Monitor in for Warranty Repair or Replacement.

Turned out my Warranty had expired about a month before the screen first started going bad. But I figured it would cost me over $120.00 to ship the monitor back via UPS. Wasn't worth the cost which is about 25% of the original cost of the Monitor.

@RoboWench  I suggest you open a AMD SUPPORT - Warranty ticket on January 05,2023 and ask them to verify that you need to pay to return the GPU card during RMA process: https://www.amd.com/en/maintenance/customer-care.html

EDIT: I do recall in a very recent thread where one User mentioned he needed to pay to RMA his GPU card back to AMD to get a Refund since there weren't any replacements.

0 Likes