cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Thehandyman1957
Journeyman III

W10 boot screen jumps between two monitors causing task bar to go to wrong monitor.

Hello all.  New here.  I have recently purchased a AMD Radeon RX 6600XT.

My system specs are

W10 Enterprise 10.0.17763 Build 17763

AMD Ryzen 5 1500X

Asus Prime X370 Pro with latest Bios

Dual 24" monitors: Hp Zdisplay and NEC 2490WUXi

1T XPG Spectix S40G NVME Boot Drive

Samsung 860 Pro 512g SSD

Asus Xonar DGX sound card with latest UNI-Xonar 1823-v1.80a-r3 drivers

16g T-Force ram

So the issue I am having is that when windows boots into the log in window, it starts in my main display on the right.

Then quickly jumps to the left display and then again back to my main display before showing my desktop.

The problem with this is that it is just enough time to move my taskbar that is on my left display back to my main display.

This of course borks my Nexus Dock as it moves to the top of my left display to recapture the space.  So I am forced to move my locked task bar back to the left display and restart Nexus to get it to recognize the task bar again and move to the correct spot every time I start my computer.

I downloaded the Enterprise edition of the Radeon software and downgraded to that version and this issue went away.  But sadly, the enterprise edition does not allow hardware monitor to see the video card sensors.  So I was forced to go back to the most recent Radeon Software.

I even purchased new display port to dvi cords hoping this would resolve the issue but it did not.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Handy

0 Likes
0 Replies