cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Salem95
Journeyman III

Vapor X Radeon R9 280X Disappears?

Hello all. I'm experiencing the most weird problem I've ever had with a PC...

As title says, my GPU is completely disappeared from my PC. Not showing in device manager (not even under hidden devices) nor is recognized by any means by the PC. Initially I thought the GPU has simply failed and that's that, but after doing some researches, I found some options:

Reinstall windows: Did that 3 times, not working.

Change the motherboard: My previous MB had this weird graphic glitching problem while using the integral HDMI slot, so I thought that maybe was linked to it, but even after changing it the problem persists (the Glitching is not appearing for now but maybe is too soon to say)

Now, when I manage to make it work, it works like a charm, I can play games (even something like MW2019 that is pretty **bleep** heavy for this GPU) I can watch movies, videos and all for hours and has no problems, no freezes, glitches, errors, crashes nothing. When I put the PC to sleep or shut it down the GPU disappears...The fans starts up, the Vapor-X logo turns on but the green LED strip that shows the device is working doesn't light up and the GPU is not transmitting anything and I have to use the Vega 8 of the CPU. Other than this weird graphic issue, the PC has no other problems. I tried with all kind of drivers, updates but nothing works. I hope to find some help here. Thanks in advance.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics

SSD: Samsung SSD 980 1TB (Brand new, installed today)

MB: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II

GPU: AMD Radeon Vega8 Graphics (Current), AMD Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X (The non-working)

RAM: Two G-Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 for a total of 16gb RAM.

0 Likes
0 Replies