cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cuteitch
Journeyman III

Updating Drivers Bricks Windows 11 PC

MSI Mech RX 6600XT 8GB. I am currently on a driver from September of 2023 as this is the only stable one I can find.

The issue is trying to install a new driver will brick the windows 11 PC. The PC starts up and loads to desktop then freezes. Only way to fix it to hard power off the system, this doesn't fix anything since it will freeze again booting back up. I have to recover back to before the driver install.

Thing I have tried

-All drivers released since current one

-Installing driver only

-Installing with Adrenal software

-Delete drivers with AMD removal tool and DDU doing a fresh driver update

-Fresh install of Windows letting windows install driver and then updating to a newer version

-Fresh install of Windows NOT letting windows install any drivers and installing newer version

I have tried pretty much everything I have read and still run into this issue and have just sat with the driver that works. At this point I have come to terms with it never working until I upgrade to something else. I am just reaching out to see if anyone has any thing I can try to see if it fixes. I worry that I will have the same issues if I change to a newer card.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Qoojo
Miniboss

See if your windows installation needs repairing with "sfc /scannow" and google DISM command usage.

0 Likes