Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Jigoku
Journeyman III

Under performing Radeon rt 6600 xt

Hello,
so I had an amd radeon rx 570 before my current graphics card, it was perfect and made me very happy for the price performance, but one day it broke and I had to buy a new one, since amd made me happy once I decided to stay with amd and get a better and newer amd gpu. So I got the amd radeon rt 6600xt, and I watched a lot of videos how it performs, but when I installed the graphics card I noticed that it doesn't perform like in the videos, for example in grand theft auto V I only have 50 fps on low-medium settings where the others have 90 fps on ultra settings, in warzone it's the same, the only difference is that I have lags. In God of War you should get 56 fps on ultra settings, I get the same fps on low settings.
I am desperate and need help, it would be a relief if someone can help me with this.
thank you very much.

0 Likes
3 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

So which CPU do you have, how about memory and PSU?

0 Likes

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x
RAM: 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance

PSU: Pure Power 11 500W

0 Likes

Actually it would be more usefull to know the specs of memory than its brand. Like "DDR4 2x8Gb 3200 CL 16"

This is from Gamers Nexus benchmark from two years a go:

MADZyren_0-1669467511958.png

Considering how much memory performance affects Ryzen CPU's and that your kit might be slower, haver worse subtimings... and in worst case, not even have XMP enabled, I think you are limited by CPU and/or memory performance.

If you don't have XMP enabled, enable it now to get performance boost (from BIOS)

Also install HWINFO64, run as administrator and select sensors only. Keep an eye on your CPU temps. High temperature might an issue.

One thing you might try is, install latest chipset driver, DDU current GPU driver and reinstall it just in case there are some remnants left from RX570 intallation.

Then, while less important...

You could try, how fast you can make that memory kit run stable with 1700X to get even more performance. Overclocking is of course done at your own risk, but overclocking memory should not be risky. Making sure XMP is enabled is more important.

Increase memory voltage to maybe 1.375V. Then try to increase memory clockspeed and try if machine works ok. When you go too far, computer won't boot and you might have to unplug it from wallsocket and short CLRCMOS pins from motherboard for a couple of seconds, then boot the machine, enable XMP and the rest again, aso.

Never had a 1000-series Ryzen and can't remember anymore, but I think it is ulikely you'll get more than 3200MHz working, likely less.

0 Likes