cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

awatts54
Journeyman III

Unable to enable HDR in Doom Eternal 7900 xtx

I recently upgraded to a 7900 xtx from a Nvidia GPU. Everything seems to be going well except for an issue with Doom Eternal where I can't turn on HDR. When clicking the HDR option, I get an error message saying that my monitor does not support HDR. I have a AW3423DWF which does support HDR. Is there a setting I'm missing?

A few other details:

• HDR is turned on in Windows setting. I am able to enable HDR in two other games I've tried which were Forza Horizon and Monster Hunter Rise
  • 10 bit pixel format is disabled
  • I tried completely uninstalling Doom Eternal and reinstalling but it did not fix the issue
  • I'm using the latest driver: 23.4.1
  • I used DDU in safe mode to uninstall the old Nvidia drivers

Computer specs:

• Ryzen 7 5800x
  • XFX RX7900 XTX
  • 32 GB DDR4 3600
  • 2TB WD PCI gen4 NVMe
  • 1TB Samsung Evo PCI gen 3 NVMe
  • 850W Corsair RM850x
  • AW3423DWF 3440x1440 OLED monitor (HDR400)
1 Solution

Fixed with driver 23.4.2

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Badgermike1
Adept I

I am having the exact same issue and almost the exact same situation

0 Likes
gabevt
Adept I

Having the same problem with the same GPU, HDR seems to work on other games tho, I only have this problem on Doom Eternal

Badgermike1
Adept I

Yup me too.  No problems with other games just doom eternal

0 Likes

found a workaround.  enable hdr in windows.  launch doom.   go to settings and change to windowed mode and enable hdr.  the game doesnt complain that hdr isn't supported.   then apply your changes.   then switch to fullscreen mode.   hdr stays enabled without the game complaining.    apply your changes again and you are in HDR mode and gaming in fullscreen.    good luck. 

Fixed with driver 23.4.2

Updating to the new driver fixed it for me as well.