cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rodneyrodd
Journeyman III

To AMD :Trying to buy a graphics card 6800xt or 6900xt

Is there anyway I can reserve a card to buy as soon as restock. I am trying to buy a card but will only pay retail price. I want to buy a RADIAN but it seems the NVIDIA 3080 seems more available I passed up on it twice looking for AMD but I will only do that so many times . I want to to buy your card please allow me to do that.

0 Likes
1 Reply
kshutch00
Adept III

We are still not out of the woods of "The great GPU shortage" and may not be for some time.  Intel recently stating they do not see the semi shortage being resolved until possible a few years from now.  

You can use things like brobot or watch specific twitter feeds to try and get an alert when AMD posts new inventory or someone on Amazon or something posts a close to MSRP card.

But, you are going up against armies of people that are also doing the same thing and some of them are coordinated teams who mean to buy them and resell them at higher prices.

3080's are pretty much just as hard to come by and most of the same methods of trying to get one of these higher end cards at anything close to MSRP apply.

At least in the states, I do not know of any reserved or pre-order sites.  There are likely at least some places that would allow it, but those places are likely thousands of thousands deep at this point.

0 Likes