cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Octavious
Adept I

the monitor doesn't display in hdmi mode

I have RX 570, It was working fine in HDMI mode but it suddenly stopped displaying in this mode and only started displaying in DVI and VGA, I tried to reinstall the driver, It worked fine after uninstalling but it stopped again during the installation process.

Have any of you faced this problem before?

EDIT: I use the same monitor that was displaying in HDMI.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Either you GPU card HDMI port is defective or the HDMI cable is bad.

Did the GPU HDMI port work fine with the same AMD Driver you currently have installed in the past?

0 Likes

@elstaci wrote:

Either you GPU card HDMI port is defective or the HDMI cable is bad.

Both of them are working fine, but not together as my GPU card is working fine on my TV screen also with the same cable.

@elstaci wrote:

Did the GPU HDMI port work fine with the same AMD Driver you currently have installed in the past?

Do u mean the old version of the driver?

EDIT: I forgot something, I'm using HD to DVI now.

0 Likes

If you are using a HDMI>DVI-D Adapter it should be an "Active" Adapter and not a passive adapter for best compatibility.

Active HDMI>DVI-D adapter transforms the HDMI signal into a DVI-D signal BEFORE reaching the Monitor or Display.

It is possible the Adapter is not compatible with your monitor but is compatible with your TV set.

Also if your Monitor is 2K or 4K you will need a HD 2k or 4k Adapter.

0 Likes

@elstaci wrote:

If you are using a HDMI>DVI-D Adapter it should be an "Active" Adapter and not a passive adapter for best compatibility.

Active HDMI>DVI-D adapter transforms the HDMI signal into a DVI-D signal BEFORE reaching the Monitor or Display.

It is possible the Adapter is not compatible with your monitor but is compatible with your TV set.

Also if your Monitor is 2K or 4K you will need a HD 2k or 4k Adapter.

tried about 3 adapters but nothing changed.