cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Temperature logs

I've just put a Gigabyte Eagle 6600 XT in my gaming rig.

I've got The Finals crashing to reboot ~ every hour.

At a stab in the dark I'm thinking heat may cause the system to suddenly shut down and reboot. However by the time I've booted back into windows the temps are normal.

I just wanted to rule this out as being the issue. I don't see anything useful in event viewer.

Is there a way I can log temperatures so that I can look back to the time of crash? AMD or other software...

1 Solution

Hi, I'm sorry to say but 550Watt PSU on a i9 isn't all that good to start with.

First, your calculations are a bit off and you are missing some parts like motherboard, even your keyboard will draw power, not that much if its a non-RGB model. Then theres some peaks that can cause your parts like the GPU to go a bit outside their standard values and it could be what causes it to reboot.

To troubleshoot this, I would advice you to reduce clocks on the 6600XT and disable Intels Turbo Boost on the i9, just to check if it will shutdown as well.

If you have a friend who has a more powerful PSU to give you a helping hand, it would be great too.

Good Luck

The Englishman

View solution in original post

7 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

High temperatures first will make the GPU throttle down to safety or just Crash, rebooting is rare. You should see a youtuber called Jayz2cents with a heat gun on a GPU, it just throttles a lot.

So tell us a bit more about your system specs, specially the PSU.

Does this happen on other games? And benchmarks like heaven and others?

Good luck 

The Englishman

750W PSU

Doesn't happen in other games.

Palworld crashes like this on steamdeck, that game supposedly has 'memory leak' issues.

Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0
FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:
System
Platform:
Windows NT 6.2 (build 9200) 64bit
CPU model:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (3599MHz) x8
GPU model:
AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT 31.0.24002.92 (4095MB) x1
Settings
Render:
Direct3D11
Mode:
1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen
Preset
Custom
Quality
High
Tessellation: Disabled

0 Likes

Okay I've replied twice and the reply gets deleted whe I refresh the page!?

550W PSU 80+ Gold

Doesn't happen on any benchmark or any other game

Didn't post Heaven benchmark again as maybe that's getting it removed...

Looking at all my parts, power draw should be:

GPU 6600XT Max 160W 
CPU i9-9900  Max 210W
RAM x2 Max 20W
HHD x5 Max 50W
Fans x6 Max 32W

=472W

Hi, I'm sorry to say but 550Watt PSU on a i9 isn't all that good to start with.

First, your calculations are a bit off and you are missing some parts like motherboard, even your keyboard will draw power, not that much if its a non-RGB model. Then theres some peaks that can cause your parts like the GPU to go a bit outside their standard values and it could be what causes it to reboot.

To troubleshoot this, I would advice you to reduce clocks on the 6600XT and disable Intels Turbo Boost on the i9, just to check if it will shutdown as well.

If you have a friend who has a more powerful PSU to give you a helping hand, it would be great too.

Good Luck

The Englishman

Great! Solid things to try, thank you!