cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

skeeterb
Adept I

System won't use my PCI-E Graphics card

I have an ASROCK Fatal1ty 350 Gaming X Motherboard with an AMD A6 9500 APU, but the system wants to use the integrated graphics even when I change it to use the installed ASROCK Radeon X570 Graphics card. It doesn't let windows detect it as the graphics adapter and uses the basic graphics drivers. I have changed it in the BIOS to use the installed GPU instead of the integrated graphics but it still uses the integrated graphics.

1 Solution
skeeterb
Adept I

Oh and I have updated the BIOS on my motherboard to a more recent version that will support the new Processor that I have purchased. The version of the Bios I had was 4.50, but now it 5.50, but it still locks out the GPU card from being activated by Winblows, by giving ERROR CODE 43. The chip that is in there right now is a AMD A6 9500 APU with the AMD Radeon R5 integrated GPU. The chip that I purchased is a AMD Ryzen 5 3600X without an integrated GPU. I will try that and see if it doesn't give me the CODE 43 error that it does with the A6 9500 APU.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ripcord
Adept III

Try to run display driver uninstaller software (DDU).  Also make sure all power plugs to the GPU are plugged in tight.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Radeon RX 7800 XT, MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE Wi-Fi, 64 GB DDR4.

I did try that. It didn't work. I had to settle for using the integrated graphics for now, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get the PCI-E GPU to work.

EDIT:  Tried a couple of things recommended on the ASROCK FAQ for the X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X Motherboard but it didn't work. It still is defaulting to the integrated graphics on the A6 9500 APU.

skeeterb
Adept I

It also seems like with the integrated graphics enabled, it doesn't show the PCI-E Radeon graphics card that I have installed in the system. I have gone into the BIOS and switched the graphics adapter to my installed GPU, and still it defaults back to the integrated... ARGH!

Have you connected your monitor/s to the 570, no monitor connected to the onboard graphics?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Assuming you have your video card installed in the PCIe slot closest to the CPU, and it is set as the primary display device in the motherboard BIOS, and you connected your monitor only to the video card, I don’t see how you could be running off the integrated graphics that are only available when you connect your monitor to the motherboard video output (HDMI or Display Port).

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

My monitor is connected to my video card and it still shows Basic Microsoft Display device and won't let the AMD drivers load with code 43.

skeeterb
Adept I

Oh and I have updated the BIOS on my motherboard to a more recent version that will support the new Processor that I have purchased. The version of the Bios I had was 4.50, but now it 5.50, but it still locks out the GPU card from being activated by Winblows, by giving ERROR CODE 43. The chip that is in there right now is a AMD A6 9500 APU with the AMD Radeon R5 integrated GPU. The chip that I purchased is a AMD Ryzen 5 3600X without an integrated GPU. I will try that and see if it doesn't give me the CODE 43 error that it does with the A6 9500 APU.