cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

WowChester
Journeyman III

System Powers On - No Display and everything spins and lights up except gpu

So basically, a few days ago, I reseated all my RAM ( 4 x 2 GB - 1666 MHz Boost, System only allows 1333 MHz ) because my system was only detecting 6 GB on the boot screen. After I did this, I turned on my system and now it won't display at all. Everything lights up ( CPU cooler and case fans ) and those fans spin, except the GPU fan, which jumps ( doesn't move at all, and then suddenly moves ever so slightly in this loop ). I'm not sure at all what happened, but I reseated my GPU 6 pin power connector and yet still nothing happened. I have a ryser cable from my first slot so that my gpu js resting vertical on the edge of the case, with the side panel off. 

Spec ( Not sure about names on everything ) :

- CPU - AMD FX-4300 ( Cooler - Unknown tower cooler - aluminium fin tower with 4 copper heat pipes through, 1 fan mounted on the side )

- GPU - GIGABYTE R7 370

- RAM - 2 x 2 GB 1666 MHz but capped at 1333 MHz because of system 

- Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3

- PSU - 500W FX Pro 80 Plus Bronze

- Storage - 1 TB HDD + 128 GB SSD

- Case - Unbranded and unknown ( 3 front face fans, glass side panel, top back mound psu, air filter on top back of case with buttons and usbs on top front )

- Other - WiFi card connected on the 1x slot below the first slot, gpu wouldn't fit with the WiFi card so I used a ryser cable to make it all fit.

I apologise for there being some lack in information, but the parts are very undescriptive on them, such as the psu, case and tower.

If you need any images for reference, I can post them later, due to me not being able to access the pc at this exact time. 

0 Likes
0 Replies