cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kubalucky
Journeyman III

Switching Intel graphics and AMD graphics card

I have a big problem. While i am playing some game, my graphics card automaticly switch to Intel, but i want to use AMD. I dont know what to do, i reinstaled drivers, applied a lot of settings and much more, but i have still this problem. Please, help me.

0 Likes
2 Replies
waltc
Miniboss

Sounds like you have a laptop--most of the time with laptops you need to contact the OEM who manufactured your laptop about such problems (Dell, Lenovo, etc.)--AMD doesn't make a retail, off-the-shelf Intel/AMD switching GPU...;)  You bought that from your laptop manufacturer inside your laptop, so he's the guy to call--check the forums for your laptop, etc.  Only suggestion I have is to check your laptop bios and see if there's a switch there that allows you to disable your Intel GPU and simply use the AMD GPU for everything while you are gaming.  Not great for battery life, but you could turn the Intel GPU back on when you need to go portable and conserve power.  Won't hurt to check. Otherwise, ask your question in the appropriate laptop forum supplied by your laptop OEM.

0 Likes

I tried to disable Intel graphic, but my hdmi port is for integrated card, so i doesnt work then. I check the bios of my laptop, but its totally locked and sorted by Lenovo. I cant do anything usable to fix this problem. I will contact Lenovo on forums and i will see. Thanks for your answer.

0 Likes