Graphics Cards

NickSkier
Journeyman III

Strange clock sets for the RX 580 8gb

I have Sapphire PULSE RX 580 8gb, its standard specs are:
Base Clock - 1257 MHz
Boost Clock - 1366 MHz
Memory Clock - 2000 MHz

Yesterday I decided to disable Zero RPM function. In AMD Adrenalin I set settings to custom with Zero RPM disabled and the GPU clock value to the value which the software overclocked my GPU in auto overclocking mode.

I tried to run internal Adrenalin stress test but my PC froze for 10 seconds, and then AMD Adrenalin crashed with a message that the settings were set to standard values.

When I started AMD Adrenalin again, the GPU and memory clocks was set to 1120 MHz and 1925 MHz. In custom mode the max possible overclocking frequency of memory is now lower than it was before, and the max voltage values is also lower. Maybe max frequency of GPU clock is lower too but I don't remember its standard max values, now it's 2000 MHz. And now auto overclocking mode is setting GPU clock at 1170-1180 MHz.

It works when I set standard clocks of the GPU in custom mode but sometimes AMD Adrenalin and games is crashing.

I reinstalled GPU driver for a couple of times, but it didn't help.

My specs:
i3-8100
RX 580
16gb of RAM
Gigabyte Z370P D3
Corsair VS550

When it happened AMD Adrenalin version was 22.8.2. I checked available updates and now I have 22.9.1 but it didn't fix the problem.

I'm thinking about reinstalling the VGA BIOS but firstly want to know maybe there is other ways of solving my problem, or maybe my GPU is broken now and there is no way to fix it.

0 Likes
1 Reply
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Auto overclock didnt worked well on my RX480, set your OC manually.

I would set 1290 base 1350 turbo, stress test that with heaven or similar. If stable get that clock near 1400. Watch your temps closely, I wouldnt let it get near 85 but thats just me. Never had much more than 65/70C

I could do on my Strix RX480, 1150mv and 1400mhz. But normally on most games 1350mhz at 1100mv.

Never touched the memory clock unless for video editing. 

The Englishman
0 Likes