cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bjaurelio
Adept II

Starfield Code

How do you get a Starfield code? I purchased a 7900XT from Amazon, and their support told me I need to contact AMD for the Starfield code. I thought it was supposed to come from Amazon.

1 Solution

This one is supposed to come with it. I returned it to Amazon and picked one up at Microcenter when it came in stock. Microcenter provided a code when I purchased one there.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Qoojo
Miniboss

Amazon is supposed to send you a code that you use in amd rewards website, then the amd rewards website will give the game code for steam once it releases.

bjaurelio
Adept II

Amazon support via chat told me to contact the manufacturer. The website isn't letting me upload my screenshot of the chat.

I just tried calling and was told over the phone that Amazon doesn't have a game code for my card. When I pointed out the website says the card comes with Starfield, she hung up on me.

Amazon is flat out refusing to provide a code

That sounds about on par for Amazon, still waiting after a whole year to find out why my Amazon account is banned.

bjaurelio
Adept II

Here's the email I just received after the phone call.

bjaurelio_0-1691621441704.png

0 Likes
CaligoVereor
Challenger

Was there promotional information (banners or something similar) on the Amazon website somewhere? I had a similar situation with an R7 3700X processor 2 or 3 years ago when there was a promo to receive Assassins Creed Valhalla code. I didn't get one and then Amazon kept telling me to contact AMD support while AMD support said to talk to Amazon. In my case there was no promo stuff on Amazon so they got away on that asterisk that only select retailers provide codes

0 Likes

Re Amazon purchases https://www.amdrewards.com/faq/couponCode/25

A few examples where code may not be included, not all products under the main promo banner disclaimer, lower price from/get it sooner from (may not be part of promo), multiple promo offers (only one will be applied (usually cheapest option)).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
DeNobody1
Adept I

I purchased my 7900xtx and got my code from Amazon 5 days after receiving my delivery , that was a few weeks ago. When did you purchase your card ? Reason I ask if you purchased the card before the promo went live you wouldn't be eligible. I know when I placed my order it was highlighted on the Amazon  product page that starfield came with selected hardware , so before making my purchase I crossed referenced with AMD promo page I completed my purchase. You may want to complete a return then repurchase  with  any participating retailer which I know is a pain , but could be your best bet.

Koenig168
Journeyman III

Not every 7900XT from Amazon comes with Starfield, only those where the product listing specifically mentions that Starfield is included.  I got my code from Amazon the day my GPU was delivered.

0 Likes

This one is supposed to come with it. I returned it to Amazon and picked one up at Microcenter when it came in stock. Microcenter provided a code when I purchased one there.

Glad to hear it worked out , really stoked to play starfield myself , enjoy the experience 

0 Likes
wirelessmikey
Journeyman III

I bought my cpu from local retailer, received my code how does the process work of downloading the game from steam?

0 Likes

Go to https://www.amdrewards.com/ 

Read the T & C and help guides for what is required.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes