cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Sunny6233
Adept I

Splash screen freeze after trying to update driver using adrenaline

Just bought a new 7900xt and installed onto my z790P-DDR5 Asus motherboard. 

i7-12700kf

2x32gc Corsair vengeance DDR5

As I'm installing windows on this fresh PC build, the screen goes black, but all lights on keyboard and PC are still on. Waited 30min and nothing. Reset machine and got Windows setup, then screen freezes, I wait 30min, nothing, so I reset PC amd git back into windows to update, after updates I noticed an error code while trying to play a game, Used Device manager to enable new Rx7900xt, computer freezes and I yet again have to reset the PC. Now it freezes on the Asus Splash Screen with loading dots. I'm having driver issues that's causing freezing and my screen to go black. Nothing I've done has helped except completely disabling the Graphics card after getting back into the system and using the device manager to do so and being in safe mode. Using latest adrenaline, it freezes half way through. Rest PC. Tried using adrenaline again only get an error message saying it's not compatible and "bad image". Screen freezes again and I have to reset. 

Resetting PC I got stuck on splash screen again, after a couple more resets I was able to boot into safe mode and get back into windows 

0 Likes
0 Replies