cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

matirdamb
Journeyman III

Should I go back to AMD GPU once again? a question from an Adobe Premiere user

Currently, I am at a crossroads between upgrading my VGA to 7900 XT or sticking with the 3080 RTX.

No, I do not have the option to upgrade to the 4080 RTX, let alone the 4090 RTX at this time.

The consideration is that I am tempted by the large amount of VRAM offered by the 7900 XT at an affordable price, and I am not too concerned about ray tracing. All AAA games this year experience bottlenecks and stutter with VRAM below 10GB.

However, on the other hand, I use Adobe Premiere, Encoder, and Lightroom professionally and on a daily basis. I have been researching for the past week on all platforms (Youtube, Reddit, local forums) about the performance and stability of Adobe applications when using an AMD GPU, but always getting disappointing results.

But I still remain skeptical because those reviewers could be paid by Nvidia to review AMD GPU (I don't know, but it's possible).

May I ask for actual experiences from friends here, how bad it is to use Adobe software, especially Adobe Premiere, with the latest AMD GPU?

0 Likes
0 Replies