cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

KaldaraFox
Journeyman III

Shift-Backspace Beep

Adrenaline version installed via whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-22.11.2-win10-win11-dec8.exe

XFX Radeon RX6800 GPU

For some unfathomable reason, having the anti-lag toggle set to active causes a sharp 'beep' sound when I press shift/backspace. I have the toggle hotkey for anti-lag disabled when this happens

The only way I can stop the beep noise with shift-backspaces is to shut off anti-lag entirely.

That seems like a legitimate bug and it's annoying as it's entirely likely that if I'm typing and need to back up and retype something that starts with a capital letter, I'll hit that combination (it happened often enough that I noticed it and went hunting for the offending hotkey).

I eliminated both Discord and WoW by binding that combination to something and then unbinding it.

I searched a bit and found an entry in a MS customer service report that complained about that beep and a solution that said it was this. I was skeptical, but tried it and toggling off anti-lag in Adrenaline worked (got rid of the beep).

Given that the MS article was dated three years ago, I don't see AMD moving swiftly to fix this, but I'd like to know if there's any legitimate purpose to having a feature that the hotkey has been expressly disabled giving a warning beep when that hotkey has been pressed.

It feels like someone, somewhere messed up checking to see if the hotkey was a) changed to something else or b) disabled entirely before giving feedback to the user.

1 Reply
Lawinn
Journeyman III

I am encountering exactly the same issue and it is driving me crazy. 

Can we have a HotFix ?

0 Likes