Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Ionrage
Adept I

Seems like 7800XT whilst streaming is causing a hard reset

Hey guys,

Every time I try stream via OBS I get a hard reset on my PC, doesnt matter what game, the game doesnt crash, windows just resets, not even a bluescreen.

Via Twitch when i use the AMD h.264 encoder, the crash will always happen, the question is when, its really random, sometimes its within 5 minutes, sometimes ive gone for 2 hours and not a single hitch.

I was wondering maybe its the h.264 and tried youtube streaming with h.265 and AV1 and its the same behavior, its random.

I have messed about with the stream settings, and on twitch its only 6200 kbps which is tiny, the youtube stream was 15000 kbps.

So far streaming via just using the CPU, I have yet to have a hard reset.

Nothing is overheating and CPU is a AMD 5600 being cooled with a EK triple 120mm AIO.

The specific 7800 is the XFX quick 319

I've had maybe twice or 3 times the same type of crash / reset when ive not been streaming but I believe OBS was only open in the background.

If i dont have OBS running, I have not notice any crashes at all ( except Forza motorsport having the driver timeout which seems to be common on this GPU).

The kicker here is, when I record games, I use h.265 at 50000 kbps, I've maybe seen it reset my PC once but so far its been pretty smooth and ive done nearly 3 hours single recordings.

I dont seem to understand whats going on with the encoder chip on this, its hard to tell if its software causing issues or defective GPU.

Rest of system is a gigabyte B550 board

32 GB of 3600 mhz ram

850 watt corsair PSU

windows 11 is upto date a the time of this post

ive updated to the latest AMD drivers for gpu and chipset

bios is upto date

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ionrage
Adept I

I want to update this, just streamed using the CPU as the encoder and the same type of crashed happened.

I am starting to think this is either a mix of OBS and the 7800XT issue combined or something with just the gpu maybe.

really cant tell anymore.

0 Likes
Ionrage
Adept I

Ok so just had the same style of crash without OBS running at all and just watching youtube on Chrome ( hardware accel is on ) 

0 Likes