Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

AntSteve
Adept I

Seeking to use TV as Monitor with AMD 5600G APU

Hi everyone,

I've very recently completed building my new computer, based on a 5600G APU and ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) motherboard. The PC has 64GB of RAM.

On my old PC, I was successfully using a 32" Panasonic TV through HDMI as the main monitor on my former PC (Intel CPU, low grade, discrete video card). I have no plans to add a video card to this PC (which is why I bought the 5600G APU).

Unless I'm missing something, the Radeon software I have installed does not seem to have the ability to change the resolution to suit the TV. 

I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the direction of the specific Radeon software function I need to use in order to change the resolution appropriately.

Thanks!

0 Likes
6 Replies

What does Windows  10 Settings - Display show?

If your TV is showing and recognized, What Resolutions do you have to choose from?

Are you by any chance using a HDMI adapter?

Does you TV Menu have any options to change the Resolution?

0 Likes

Windows recognizes my TV, and shows the usual options as far as resolution is concerned.

I am using HDMI at both ends.

The TV has the standard aspect options, but no capabilities beyond that to alter the resolution.

0 Likes

Exactly what error is showing if any.

What Resolution are you trying to set on your TV set from the PC?

Can you clarify the exact problem you are having as far as the resolution on your TV. Thanks.

by any chance did you install your TV Driver in Device Manager if the TV has one from the manufacturer.

0 Likes

There is no error message. Regardless of the higher resolution, the image just spills out beyond the physical edges of the screen. I'm just looking to reorient the resolution by making everything up to the edge visible. There is no Windows driver for the TV. To confirm, this worked under Windows on my former machine. Therefore, I have to assume that it can work with the new onboard video I have on this machine.

I would try a previous AMD Driver to see if it fixes the issue and also the latest AMD Driver.

Latest AMD Driver: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-5000-g-series-desktop-processors...

Previous  AMD Drivers: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-5000-g-series-d...

If the issue changes depending on the AMD driver you have installed that would indicate a driver issue.

Are you using Windows 10 or Windows 11 version?

Anyways if you want to open a AMD Support Ticket here is the link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes

Hi everyone,

I believe I've identified that the Radeon software and 5600G APU together do not support HDMI scaling. Unfortunately, I need that capability in order to use this TV as a monitor. Can anyone here comment on whether HDMI scaling is available? I have performed a number of steps, including factory reset of the software, and the HDMI scaling slider is not presented.  Thanks.

0 Likes