Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

neocwbbr
Adept I

Screen randomly flashing at RX 6700XT

Computer Type: Desktop
GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6700 XT
CPU: RYZEN 5 5600X
Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming x570 PRO (Wi-Fi)
BIOS Version: 3602
RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3600MHZ CL17
PSU: CORSAIR RM850x
Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 PRO 20H2
GPU Drivers: Adrenalin Driver Version: 21.3.1
Monitor: Samsung 27" C27RG50

I bought this Asus TUF RX 6700XT last Tuesday and it seems the GPU is having issues (not sure hardware or software). I noticed multiple screen flashing or black screen for less than a second, and some times is not the entirely window though and it seems to happen when the GPU is not under load. I haven't experienced the black screen/screen flashing while gaming but mostly when browsing, working on a terminal etc

Performing tests over the weekend at the point at completely wiped my disk, replaced all the cables, tested different monitor and GPU cards (1030 2060 without issues) I found that the issue is more frequent at 144Hz (on both monitors) happening up to 3 times per minute. While running at 240Hz issues would happen twice every 10 minutes and running at 120Hz issue happening once in a while. Screen goes black and return for a second, sometimes part of the window open is blacked and images reaper after moving the mouse over or resizing the window. I played at 120Hz for about 30 minutes and didn't notice any issue.

At this reddit post I have added pictures and videos related to the issue including all the testing I did over the weekend.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/mejgr1/screen_randomly_flashing_on_asus_tuf_rx_6700xt/

136 Replies

Did you flash the gpu with the same bios version because I can’t seem to find an updated version for it on the Asus TUF variant. 

Yes I did with the same BIOS. Look like my BIOS was corrupted.

0 Likes

I thought the same, but the only TUF version bios I can find on techpowerup is 020.002.000.019.000000, and my card already has that one. As far as I am aware there are also some version that aren't verified. Which version did you download, might sharing a link?

0 Likes

The official verified version on techpowerup. 

0 Likes

I already have that one (the card came with it), are you sure that the issue is gone after flashing to this version?

0 Likes

Update: Unfortunately I still have the same problem but it happen less often.

0 Likes

Like I mentioned, flashing the same Bios won't change anything. You can try it out but the experience is unnecessary unless there is a modified Version. But that is related to ASUS not the case. At least officially.

Try to use wallpaper engine on steam in background. 

0 Likes

There are no updatet BIOSes for this Card. Because I already ask ASUS for a BIOS fix and they deny it.

So it isn't Hardware related cause in Linux flickering won't appear. For Windows you need to modify the Soft Power Play Tables to fix the cause of the flickering like in the above mentioned tutorial from me on Igorslab.de

Great to know. I will test this.

0 Likes

Another fix is to use wallpaper engine in background. Work well for me your fix don't work for me unfortunably.

0 Likes
marcgagnonqc
Adept I

I found the ultimate fix for screen flickering on the 6700XT ASUS TUF.

After 4 month of searching it was this simple. 

Download MorePowerTool: https://www.igorslab.de/en/download-area-new-version-of-morepowertool-mpt-and-final-release-of-redbi...

Download TechPowerUp GPU-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/

Save your BIOS with TechPowerUp GPU-Z 

Open MorePowerTool

Load your BIOS with MorePowerTool

Go to Feature Control and uncheck GFXOFF

Click on Write SPPT

Reboot! 

Work on latest driver 23.12.1

I have also reflash my BIOS with the original bios :  https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/231517/asus-rx6700xt-11264-210122

For testing I have retest with GFXOFF and the screen flickering always return after rebooting. 

EnjoyCapture d’écran 2023-12-28 212912.png

Capture d’écran 2023-12-28 212031.png

KhrisBrincos
Adept I

I hope you know that this procedure will void the warranty (if your card still have it)
Far away from that looks good for people that can't fix it, also could help for other fixes, interesting

0 Likes
rufazar
Journeyman III

for people who experience the same thing with ASUS TUF 6700XT / another brand 6700XT. 

I have tried everything on the internet and all failed except this follow the tutorial is simple fix :

My fix for BLACK SCREEN FLICKERING/BLACK ARTIFACTS on IDLE (ASUS TUF 6700XT) : r/AMDHelp (reddit.com...

0 Likes
rufazar
Journeyman III

For people who experience the same thing with ASUS TUF 6700XT / another brand 6700XT. 

I have tried everything on the internet for last 3 month and all failed except this follow the tutorial it was simple fix :

My fix for BLACK SCREEN FLICKERING/BLACK ARTIFACTS on IDLE (ASUS TUF 6700XT) : r/AMDHelp (reddit.com...

0 Likes
makhno
Journeyman III

Whoever is searching on how to fix this flickering, artifact issue, stop searching. I have tried everything. The only way to make your gpu usable is the above method Marcqagnonac is mentioning with more power tools. My 3 Asus Tuf 6700 XT are fine now.

Thanks Marcqagnonac

0 Likes