Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Sable_Night
Journeyman III

Screen Flickers Black Every Time Apps Open Full-Screen

Hi there,

I'm not a tech-savvy person. I use my computer for work, which involves game-play and video editing, but I've run into a problem: every app I open (whether it be for a game or a video or anything visual and moving) as full-screen will cause the screen to flicker black and be mostly unplayable. Everything had been working fine until the last update at the end of November (11/30/22)

For context, I have two monitors that are both affected, and I'm running Windows 10 with the following specs, as seen on the AMD Software app:

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition, version 22.11.2, up to date as of today
GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series (Primary/Discrete- I don't know what that means or if it's relevant)
VRAM: 8192 MB, GDDR5 2000 MHz

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
RAM: 32 GB

I tried reaching out to Geek Squad and checking other threads, but I didn't see anything that seemed to match my exact issue. Geek Squad is too expensive so I'm really hoping I can figure this out and fix it myself. Does anyone know what's going on or how I can fix it?

PS, I did see a thread that notated:

Known Issues

• Display may flicker black during video playback plus game-play on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.

but because I'm not running that series, I wasn't sure it applied. Also, it just shows the issue with no solution or workaround.

Thank you so much!

PPS, if you could explain to me like I'm five, that would be very helpful. Just be nice about it?

0 Likes
0 Replies