cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

HilaK2205
Journeyman III

Screen flickering after switching from GPU mode to APU mode.

I own an ASUS TUF 16" Gaming Laptop with an RX7600S GPU.  It also has an embedded APU.

The laptop switches from using the APU to the GPU whenever I turn on a game or a labor intensive application, and it switches back to APU mode when all such games/apps are turned off (so far so good).

The problem is, when it switches back to APU mode the screen usually starts flickering, and in a few minutes it turns white (though you can still see the mouse icon, and it moves normally) and I have to restart the laptop to regain functionality.
I usually avoid this by leaving a small game running in the background, which keeps the laptop in GPU mode and circumvents the problem. But if the game crashes, for whatever reason, it's back to APU mode and a flickering screen.

Did anyone else encounter such a problem? Is there a known solution?

I am OK with keeping the laptop permanently in GPU mode. So if there is a way to do that please tell me how. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
FunkZ
Paragon

Have you contacted ASUS support regarding this issue? Have you checked ASUS support for your laptop to see if there is newer software or driver version available?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes