Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

NexusSvK
Journeyman III

Sapphire R9 270X no signal

Hi guys,

I wanted to have 2 monitors, so what I thought  was just to plug in a second one and kaboom, done. But since the second one didn’t have HDMI, I tried plugging it not into my graphics card, but into the motherboard.

I do not know what happened, but my gpu ( Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2gb) stopped working. So I booted up Windows on the integrated one and checked device manager for display adapters - nothing, only the integrated one. So I tried to reinstall drivers and was met with an ugly response from the Radeon software which read that no Amd card was plugged in.

My next plan was to enable hidden devices in device manager through the command prompt and see if I can find it that way. I did, but it said “Code 45, the hardware is not connected”. So I uninstalled the whole device, and wired it exactly the same way it was before, hoping that it will detect the card and download all the drivers as if it were fresh out of the box.

Nothing, no signal. Also tried different ports such as HDMI to HDMI, but with the same result.

The fans are spinning tho, but sadly I can’t tell you if the problem is in the PCIE because I do not have another slot, neither do I have another working PC to chceck if the card would work there. I don’t think it’s a problem with any of the ports tho, as I didn’t fiddle with them at all until the problems started.

Also went to BIOS UEFI and set my primary card to PCIE but with no luck.

Any ideas or tips on how to get this working again? I tried a lot of “fixes” I found on other websites, but none have been helpful so far.

Thanks, 

Martin

0 Likes
3 Replies

Sometimes you need to physically remove the GPU card and install it again for the computer to recognize it. I needed to do this with another PCIe card I had in my computer.

Disconnect the monitor from the Motherboard Video Outputs and just connect one monitor to the GPU card and see if you get output or not.

If the GPU card is still not recognized in Device Manager and just your Integrated Graphics try installing it on another compatible PCIe slot and see if it works or not.

If it still isn't recognized you need to install that GPU card in another computer or take it to a local computer shop and see if it works or not. If it doesn't then most likely you have a defective GPU card.

Normally when you install a GPU card on a PC with a APU -Integrated  Graphics, BIOS automatically makes the GPU card the main Display Adapter for your computer and not the IGPU. 

So if BIOS doesn't see your GPU card being populated in a PCIe Slot in BIOS it will use the IGPU as its Main Display Adapter.

0 Likes

thanks a lot for the tips!

Sadly, I only have one PCIe slot and no other computer to test it on. Today I also tried deep cleaning the GPU and the PCIe slot in the computer, but with the same result. No signal from the card whatsoever even on a single monitor, the PC just automaticaly boots to the iGPU. May the issue be somewhere in my BIOS settings? 

I also tried the AMD software again, but still nothing, totally unrecognised.

0 Likes

sounds like a hardware issue. Either a bad Motherboard PCIe slot or a bad GPU card or possibly a bad PSU Power outputs.

Check BIOS and see if the PCIe slot is shown being populated or not. It won't mention what you have installed but it should show if the PCIe slot is in use or not.

My guess is most likely its your GPU card unless your PSU is not supplying enough power to run the GPU card.

Other Users have had their R5/7/9 GPU cards all of a sudden go bad after updating the driver or booting up their computer in the past.

Using the IGPU for video output with the GPU card installed, download and run OCCT PSU, GPU, and  CPU tests.

Keep an eye on Temperatures, Fan speeds, and especially your PSU Outputs of 12/5/3.3 VDC.  All PSU outputs should be within +/- 5%. Make sure your 12 VDC is not lower than 11.4 VDC.

0 Likes