cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Raaisen
Journeyman III

Sapphire Nitro+ AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX - Visual Artifacts Issue

I am writing to report an issue with my Sapphire Nitro+ AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX GPU, and I am seeking assistance in resolving the problem.

Issue Description: While gaming, I have observed the presence of unusual artifacts on the screen. These artifacts appear for a very brief duration, typically lasting only a fraction of a second.

System Information:

• GPU Model: Sapphire Nitro+ AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX
  • Driver Version: 23.20.23.01-231025a-397214C-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition.
  • Operating System: Windows 10.
  • Game Affected: The Quarry

Artifacts Description: The artifacts manifest as clusters of black pixels, weird light circles of different colors and occur intermittently during gaming sessions. As the artifacts are brief, capturing them in screenshots is challenging, but I will attach pictures to this support ticket.

I have tried checking thermals and the highest value reached was from the memory junction at 78°C in a couple of hours of gameplay. Drivers are up to date. I just assembled this PC with all new parts about a month ago.
I have also played other games such as League of Legends, Ghostwire:Tokyo, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, The last case of benedict fox and more, and none of them gave me this issue. I should add that, outside of that specific game (The Quarry), this issue does not occur.

Attached are some screenshots and a short video demonstrating the issue. I noticed that this flickering seems to only happen where a character model is.
6.png7.png8.png9.png10.png11.png12.png13.png14.png1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png

0 Likes
4 Replies
KhanMu
Journeyman III

Same problem with Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX in this game. Have you had problems like this in other games since then? Are you still using your 7900 XTX?

0 Likes
Qoojo
Miniboss

When you have a single game issue like this with artifacts, always verify game assets/files since corrupted bad files is a leading cause of this stuff. Then if it persists after that, it could be driver or hardware issue.

0 Likes
Been
Adept II

Same issue with XFX 7900 GRE, seems to be specific to this game for sure. My card isn't going over 59c either. I never noticed the issue on other cards I've played this on which were XFX 6600xt and 6800.

0 Likes
Been
Adept II

Doesn't appear this will be addressed anyways but I'd just like to add if I pause Alan Wake 2 during cut scenes I'm having this same issue on the pause screen of that also, only place I've noticed so far at least.

0 Likes