cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dnaughton
Adept I

S7150 MxGPU with Horizon View -3D frame rates are very slow.

Hello All - I think this is more of a software question that anything else.  I have my MxGPU S7150 setup working with a few Windows 10 VMs.  I'm running some 2D and 3D benchmark tests for validation (Passmark). 

2D performance test  get about 90 frames per second and makes it to Horizon View client at about 45 frames per second - which is pretty good

3D performance test (which is getting about 60 fps) makes it to the Horizon View client at 10 frames per second - which is very bad.  This is why we are evaluating this in the first place.

Modification:

The PCoIP GPO settings have been adjusted for quality, and bandwidth, which the 2D performance seems to validate

A number of windows recommended setting changes were done for VDI improvement - power settings, screen backgrounds, remove unnecessary animations, etc. - thich didn't make any noticealbe difference.

Question - is there anything else to do in the VM side or Horizon View Client side to improve the 3D performance.?  It seems like PCoIP (and blast is no better), screen capture, encoding and streaming server is simply skipping frames when there is something 3D on the screen.

Server Info:

10 CPUs x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2618L v4 @ 2.20GHz

32 GB RAM

ESXi-6.7.0-20181104001-standard (VMware, Inc.)

Tonga XTV GL [FirePro S7150V]

amdgpuv-1.05-1OEM.650.0.0.4598673

VM Info

Windows 10 64 bit

Horizon Agent 7.6.0

Horizon Direct Connect Plugin 7.6.09539447

FirePro Driver 10.Q4

Graphics Chipset AMD MxGPU

0 Likes
3 Replies
lianghui55
Journeyman III

Hi ,dnaughton

I cannot get the AMD MxGPU work in Windows 10(1803),even it looks well in Device Manager. May I get you Windows 10 version? Thanks!

0 Likes

I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB.  Make sure that the Radeon GPU for your Windows VM is one of the SR-IOV instances of the S7150 (Look in the esxi web console hardware manager to double check).  I haven't been using this since I couldn't get the frame rates to where they need to be.  So the whole GPU card is of limited value (borderline worthless), and it's expensive.

0 Likes
dnaughton
Adept I

Still screwing with this one.

I've been spending my days looking through PCoIP client and server logs to find out why is the frame rate so bad.  Nothing yet.

$2500 GPU card = 10 fps

not a good solution.

0 Likes