Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bsod
Adept I

Ryzen 7 5700G - no HDR with dual monitor setup

Hi forum,

i've got  a Ryzen 7 5700G that is installed on an Aorus Wifi Pro mainboard (X570 chipset, 2x HDMI out) with 32GB RAM.

With a single monitor attached (LG-27UL850-W) i can run 4K and HDR enabled. I am not a gamer, so performance doesn't bother me.

Recently, i have extended my monitor with another LG-27UL850-W monitor. So i am running a dual monitor setup with the same monitors. Both are attached via HDMI to the mainboards HDMI outs.

As soon as two monitors are attached i am not able to turn on HDR. Both are running at 4K, but HDR is not possible. If turning on the switch in Windows, it's flickering and then turning back.

I have contacted the mainboard support, but they've said it's the fault of the APU.

Why isn't it possible to run HDR with my setup?

mainboard:

X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) Unterstützung | Mainboards - GIGABYTE Germany

I have flashed the newest bios: F36

Software info:

- Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit 22H2

- Driver version: 22.20.29.10-221130a-386458C-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition

- AMD Windows driver version: 31.0.12029.10015

regards,

bsod

0 Likes
2 Replies

According to this Microsoft Forum thread on HDR not working on multiple displays it seems to be a AMD driver according to one User: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-cant-be-turned-on-with-dual-monitors-help/....

NOTE: in the above link this User mentioned this AMD VGA Driver version worked for Dual Monitors:https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-8-2

This is an answer from one of the MS Moderators at MS Forum concerning HDR in Dual Monitors:

HDR cant be turned on with dual monitors. help please

I could turn on the HDR and WCG setting on initially today when I connected a new HDR TV.
Hello,
Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.
I understand that you are unable to turn on HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10. This issue might occur due to incompatible drivers.I suggest you to roll back the display drivers and check if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press 'Windows
+ R' key together on your Keyboard.

2. Type 'devmgmt.msc' and hit enter.

3. Expand the display adapter option from the list.

4. Right click on the driver and click on 'Properties'.

5. Click on 'Driver' tab and check for 'Roll Back Driver'. If the roll back option is available, roll back the driver and restart the
computer.

If you are still facing issues with color after enabling HDR on your PC and if you’re using an HDMI connection and your display supports HDR over a DisplayPort connection, use DisplayPort instead to connect your PC and display.

• If HDMI is your only option, use that, and then do one of the following:
Reduce the frame rate
    1. Select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings, and then select Display adapter properties.
    2. In the display’s Properties box, select the Monitor tab, select 30 Hertz for the Screen refresh rate, and then select OK.
- OR -
Reduce the resolution
    1. Select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings, and then select Display adapter properties
    2. On the Adapter tab, select List All Modes.
In List All Modes, select the setting that includes 1920 by 1080, 60 Hertz, and then select OK.
Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M
Microsoft Community – Moderator

0 Likes
bsod
Adept I

Actually, both monitors cannot run at 60 Hz refreshrate with the current/newest AMD driver.

If i decrease the refreshrate of one monitor to 30Hz then HDR can be activated in Windows.

I hope there is a new driver that addresses that bug as soon as possible.

regards,

bsod