cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ko1967
Journeyman III

RX6700XT YouTube Video does not resize/display properly when resizing window

I just installed a 6700 XT into a system that was running Intel integrated graphics prior.  12700K CPU.  4K 40" 60htz monitor.  Windows 11.  Everything seems to be fine except 1 thing.  YouTube videos do not play correctly within a browser.  These are normal videos on the YouTube site, not games.  The issue is the same on Chrome and Edge.  Prior to installing the card while YouTube videos were playing I could resize the window and the video portion in the window would resize with the resizing of the Windows window and the clarity would remain (it would just be a larger video).  With this card installed the video portion of the YouTube website does not resize when resizing the window.  It keeps the video the same size and has large space to the left and right of the video and list of next up videos to the right of the video playing.  That is in Normal mode within the YouTube site/video.  If I select Theater Mode then when I resize the Windows window the video will get larger but it get the quality sucks like it is not keeping the 4k resolution within the video within the browser window.

Here is a screenshot of normal mode with the wide areas left and right because the video window within the browser window does not expand.

ko1967_0-1690766416435.png

Here is a screenshot with Theater mode selected.  Not sure if this screenshot will show it but all the text inside the video is pixelated as if it doesn't understand it's a 4K monitor.

ko1967_1-1690766650526.png

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

0 Likes
1 Reply
ko1967
Journeyman III

The post can be closed.  This is not a problem directly with the card or YouTube.  That said, somehow during installation of the card and the AMD software the browser (both Chrome and Edge) zoom setting got set to 70% and the YouTube video quality got set at 360p.

As the browser zoom was reduce it made the system appear as if there were large blank spots to the left and right when I would resize and when I went into theater mode it was the 360p setting that was not allowing a larger window with the expected quality.

It makes me wonder what in the installation process causes these types of changes.  That said, it is resolved so I don't have the desire to figure out why.

0 Likes