cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

strider
Journeyman III

RX6600 - Win10 - Both Displays Go Black After X Minutes - No Crash

Recently, after changing out one of the monitors in a dual monitor setup, both screens will go dark after a few minutes of no user input. The system or driver do not crash, whatever software or game I have running continues to run just fine while the screens are black and you can hear them still playing their audio. Any user input (keyboard/mouse) will kick the screens back on immediately as if it was just running a black screensaver. Whatever is happening causes no ill effects, it's just annoying.

Here are the basics...

• All power and sleep settings in Windows are set to "never" in a modified version of the "balanced" preset.
  • Screensaver is disabled.
  • Issue happened on 24.3.1 and 24.7.1 drivers.
  • There are no error codes or logs to report becasue nothing crashes, the system operates normally. There are no "odd" events logged in Windows.
  • Windows 10 - Ryzen 5600 - RX 6600

I'm at a loss on this one. I feel like I'm overlooking something simple. As I said above, this started when I changed out one of my displays. Both are standard 1080P displays connected via DP to DVI. Both displays support DVI and HDMI, but the HDMI inputs are being used for other sources.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

0 Likes
0 Replies