Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎7/‎21/‎2024
OS build 22631.3880
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1020.0

GPU RX6600

driver version 32.0.11029.1008

AMD adrenaline 24.7.1

i have recently reinstalled fresh copy of windows 11. now i cant run any game, few seconds after i launch any sort of game screen goes dark and wont recover, everything worked perfectly fine before reinstalling windows

0 Likes
5 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Hi, if that Ryzen 1600 is the not the AF (which is Zen1+), then could be Windows itself.

The first generation of Ryzens are not compatible with Windows 11 without the use of some "workarounds".

Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported AMD processors | Microsoft Learn

Since you have an AM4 board, maybe you can look for a used/new and compatible with your board Zen3 CPU. the 5500/5600 non X should be cheap enough, around the hundred'ish.

NOTE: This is not a 100% solution for your problem, its a recomendation, the Zen1 1600 is already out of support nowadays. In alternative, try the Windows 10 while its possible.

The Englishman
0 Likes

Hi,

Issue was the bios version, downgraded 1 version and it worked, the xmp was doing something funky and pc crashed under even low load, about the cpu, i've been using windows 11 since it came out and never had an issue, but was planning to upgrade to ryzen 5 3600 or ryzen 5 5600x anyway.

On a side note, ryzen 5 3600 or ryzen 5 5600x seem very similar, also very similar priced, which one would you recommend? i'm guessing 5600x since its newer.

Thank you for the answer anyway.

0 Likes

@tarnacop wrote:

i've been using windows 11 since it came out and never had an issue,

If you are using from the very beggining, probably the insider version, then the requirements were different.

I would go 5600X, it was considered the sweet spot at the time.

The Englishman
0 Likes

Thank you very much for the information my good sir!

i've seen on cpu userbenchmarks that the 5600x is about 7% faster so i'll go and order one since they are roughly the same price and my motherboard seems to support it.

also as a gpu what would be appropriate to pair up whit the 5600x?

sorry for going off topic but i wanna abuse your knowledge since i have you here

also just checked and my current windows 11 (dunno about the previous instalation) is not an insider version of windows 11. still works fine, no issues, virtualization and everything.

PS: could you maybe include my solution about xmp not working so i can accept one of your reply's as the solution? thx

0 Likes
wasihales
Journeyman III

It sounds like the issue may be related to your GPU driver or settings. Try the following steps:

1. Update Drivers: Make sure you have the latest AMD drivers installed. Visit the AMD website or use the AMD Adrenaline software to update to the latest version.
  2. Rollback Driver: If the latest driver doesn’t work, try rolling back to a previous version that was stable.
  3. Check for Windows Updates: Ensure that your Windows 11 is fully updated.
  4. Check Power Settings: Ensure your power settings are set to High Performance in Windows settings.
  5. Test Hardware: If possible, test the GPU in another system to rule out hardware issues.

If these steps don’t resolve the issue, consider seeking further assistance from AMD support or a hardware technician.

0 Likes