cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

PPCG3
Journeyman III

rx580 no display output (total blackscreen)

Hi everyone, 

I recently got a new pc with a half old graphics card (I know 580 is not the latest model but I will upgrade in a few months), the rx580 from Saphire.

the card worked perfectly fine. Then I replaced it because I wanted to test an older card if it is working. Long story short, after I put the rx580 back again it just gave me a blackscreen and I don’t know why. I tested it on other mainboards: same result. 
I also tested other graphic cards on the same mainboard and everything worked fine. 

My question is know: is there anything I can do about that or can I throw the Rx580 into trash now?

by the way the fans are spinning and the pc is booting up in the background, wich I can hear from the windows starting sound

thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
MasonEzra
Adept I

If you managed to get the card working again but it's showing a black screen, try updating the graphics drivers to the latest version. You can do this by going to AMD's official website and downloading the latest drivers for the RX 580.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
PPCG3
Journeyman III

Hello there, 

a little update 

I tested all ports now and dvi and Display Port are not working but hdmi is perfect.

dunno why but just so you know 

0 Likes
MasonEzra
Adept I

If you managed to get the card working again but it's showing a black screen, try updating the graphics drivers to the latest version. You can do this by going to AMD's official website and downloading the latest drivers for the RX 580.

0 Likes

Ok thank you 

0 Likes