cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

RandomAMDUser69
Journeyman III

RX570 Video glitch

Hello community, first of all, I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to hardware terms, as I'm a QA Tester and developer and I cannot assemble or even clean a computer for dear life without it never turning back on, so please go easy on me.

I recently got a RX570 8GBs videocard installed (by a professional, I don't mess with that stuff like I said) and I'm experiencing a really strange glitch. In some cases, some video formats (can't really know which ones as this behavior is sort of random) will split into two with one side being smaller than the other.

Things that glitch are: Wallpaper Engine screensavers, the Opera Browser animated logo after an update, Twitter video previews after uploading a video to Twitter, I will include screenshots of the issue. These are what I've experienced so far.

I did not have any of these issues previous to installing this GPU.

I'm running on Win 10 PRO, my monitor is a Panavox 24D300 which I know is not the wisest option but it is what I have and I cannot afford anything else atm, and my driver version is 23.4.3 with Adrenalin software.

As for the configurations I find it a bit complicated to get around the Adrenalin software, I did touch some things because it did not work well with my monitor at first until I plugged in through an adapter (these glitches were still happening before the adapter was used, however, and were one of the reasons why I started playing around with the Adrenalin configs), so I probably messed up, if you have any recommendations or ideas by all means let me know, I'm hoping I just turned something on that I should not have turned on.

glitch1.png

The side there the white character on the picture is standing is smaller than the left side of the video, this pattern repeats itself on anything that glitches this way, below is a screenshot of a Wallpaper Engine ANIMATED wallpaper, which I used to have as my screensaver. The glitch presents itself as well.

All my software is legit, not pirated.

bZR1wlBc0H.png

Would appreciate any imput that you might have as I'm also experiencing random freezes during games and other issues which I think might be linked to a poor configuration or something on my end.

Specs:

RAM: 16GB

8th gen i3

240GB SSD for booting purposes only (drivers are installed there)

Thank you guys.

EDIT:

Also happens with 2 default windows players, video format is MP4 in case you're wondering.

Captura.PNG

zdc.PNG

0 Likes
2 Solutions

The red line in centre looks like the player is set with demo mode?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

0 Likes

There used to be a 'demo mode' setting in old amd software under 'video' settings. But it did not produce the black border, only red line down center.

Or check all your media players, wallpaper engine for a similar setting.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

The red line in centre looks like the player is set with demo mode?

0 Likes

Would you mean explaining what "demo mode" means in this case please? and the player you mean the video players? Or what exactly? As this glitch replicates across multiple platforms.

Thanks and sorry if my question is dumb.

0 Likes

There used to be a 'demo mode' setting in old amd software under 'video' settings. But it did not produce the black border, only red line down center.

Or check all your media players, wallpaper engine for a similar setting.

0 Likes

Thanks a lot! That was the issue indeed.

I navigated to the audio and video settings and the Demo mode was activated there, I turned it off and it all seems to be fine now.

Thank you VERY much!!

0 Likes