cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Arreo
Journeyman III

RX550 4GB High Temperatures (+90°C)

Hello everyone, I'm new to this community. I bought my rx550 4gb some weeks ago and I started getting very high temperatures, when Idle, the temperature is at 37°C and when gaming it goes 90°C and I've looked through the entire internet and found no solution for my gpu. I have it installed on a Optiplex 5040 SFF with no case but I still get hot temperatures.

I tried to undervolt or speed the fan but I don't know how and I have MSI Afterburner installed but the configs I tried do not work and my gpu still goes up to 90°c when gaming.

I don't know if this could help but I have a 1TB SSD Crucial, 16 GB RAM, An I3-6100 3.7 Ghz

I hope I get a solution for this because I've seen that high temperatures can damage my card components really quick and I don't wan that, thank you so much.Captura de pantalla 2024-04-21 175733.png

0 Likes
2 Replies
432hz
Challenger

Did you purchase your GPU new or used? If used, you may need to replace the thermal paste -- you'll also want to check if it's dusty and needs a clean.

See this thread for more info. Looks like the operating temp is 80C.

https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/radeon-rx-550-4gig-safe-tempature/td-p/447615

What is the cooling in your case like / how many case fans do you have and how are they arranged?

Here's a guide on how to undervolt. You may want to try undervolting in AMD Adrenalin if the option is available to you. If it's not, or if you prefer Afterburner, he covers that later in the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUkPAVcb9Xc

0 Likes

The GPU is brand new straight from amazon, I already checked and its not dusty and has no fan problems.

My optiplex 5040 has 1 CPU cooler and 1 big fan 115V pointing to the gpu that I just recently Installed for a quick solution, the big fan makes the temperature go a lower but its too loud, big and wastes power and energy. 

Im sorry if I may sound pretty dumb but I didnt understand anything of the video, as I said I'm new to this and after repeating the video 2 times I still couldnt get what should I do, I tried to change some values but nothing worked, my apologies.

Captura de pantalla 2024-04-21 200540.png

Captura de pantalla 2024-04-21 200555.png

0 Likes