Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

RickLuna
Journeyman III

RX Radeon 6600 XT Black screen

Hello guys,

I am experiencing issues with my XFX RX 6600, the screen turns black when I open the AMD Adrenaline app, (tried the PRO app and same) or randomly during normal usage  like internet surfing, listening music, etc. Important to mention that it worked fine until late drivers (about 4-6 months ago, I forgot the version sorry), contacted XFX and did RMA my card, changed to a 6600 XT and it has the same behavior, reached out again and they are pretty much clueless at this point.

I already used the DDU tool, reinstalled drivers, BIOS is up to date, disabled FreeSync on my Monitor, used both HDMI or DP, No Overcloaking. I replaced my MB and SDRAM and the problem persists. I have no issues at all with the Intel Integrated VGA (UHD 750).

The way i see it, is the same nasty bug that everyone has been complaining and experiencing. Anything that I may be missing? 

Running on: Win 11, Intel Core i7-11700K. Gigabyte H510 M H V2 Motherboard, 2x Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz, 550W PSU (comes with the Corsair SPEC-05 case), Asus VG24V Monitor.

Thanks!

0 Likes
6 Replies
crspears
Adept II

disable SAM or freesync. I have an xfx 6900xt that has done the same for the past 2 years since I purchased it new

0 Likes

Do you know another way i can disable those without opening the App? I disabled Freesync on my monitor and still persists. Everytime I open the Adrenalin app the screen turns black.

0 Likes
RickLuna
Journeyman III

0 Likes

Can you boot the PC to check event viewer error logs? I'm assuming you cant run any games either right? I would also use a volt meter to check the psu output at a molex connector while its running if it will boot to desktop. Pay particular attention to the yellow 12V rail of the psu to see if it sags below 12V.

0 Likes
obextron
Adept I

I am having a similar issue on my sapphire pulse 6600 xt, literally tried everything I could, but couldn’t fix it.

0 Likes
Been
Adept II

Try using the amd cleanup utility to completely remove drivers/adrenalin and then reinstall them.

0 Likes