cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

NikoliosNikos
Journeyman III

RX 7900XT Temp Question

I would like to ask some question in regards to the RX 7900 XT temperatures as I cant find many things online.
When I play in 1440p my hotspot temps temp is just about 72C in demanding games.
When I try to play something in higher resolutions(4K) aka a VR game(ultra or high graphics of course) then the hotspot can become 83C or higher with some pushing(resolution a bit above 4k with 90Hz and the GPU temp is about 67C at that moment), so I would like to ask is that the normal behaviour of the card or is there a problem. I have the reference model which I bought just recently.
Before anyone asks my specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600(I know I have some bottleneck)
RAM: 2 DDR4 3200Mhz
GPU: RX 7900XT (haven't done any oc not even touched the fan curves)
Of course I have the latest drives installed for Adrenaline. Just wondering to know if everything is normal...

0 Likes
3 Replies

So everything is normal I suppose. It's just that I haven't been used to have a high end gpu so I'm kind of worried. Yeah the delta does seem weird but as I've seen in other forums it's a common issue and my temps are probably normal. 

0 Likes
bigmakbm1
Adept II

Those temps seem fine. I can hit upper 60s with my Saphire 7900. You can run Furmark for a few minutes to see how hot it would get in even the most demanding games.

0 Likes

Yeah I've done that and on some stressing for different high resolutions had similar results to the ones I mentioned.. I just freaked out a bit with the junc temp because I'm not used this and read that there was a problem with Rina 3 gpus(but that problem was for 100+ C) so I just wanted to hear other opinions as well. Also I must make a good fan profile as the stock one is unbearable to watch....

0 Likes