cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Tacoz_4evr
Journeyman III

Rx 7900xt issues

Hello everyone, this is my first 4k build and I've been having issues with my gpu. At the beginning everything was fine, all my games were getting more than 100fps on ultra 4k. But as soon as I updated my drivers for the gpu, immediately I was experiencing major frame rate drops. For example supermarket simulator I was getting 400+fps before the update. Now I'm lucky if I get 120fps, on top of that the game stutters like crazy. I've done everything I can to try and solve it but nothing is working. My current setup is the rx 7900xt paired with a ryzen 9 7900x3d cpu on a gigabyte B650 Aorus elite ax motherboard. I have 32gb of ddr5 ram, 8tb of space (3 m.2's and 2 ssd's). It is liquid cooled with the nzxt kraken elite 360mm, all being powered by a asus rog thor 850w psu rated platinum. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
FunkZ
Forerunner

@Tacoz_4evr wrote:

But as soon as I updated my drivers for the gpu, immediately I was experiencing major frame rate drops.  I've done everything I can to try and solve it but nothing is working. 

What driver version is currently installed? I'm on 24.3.1 on my 7900XT and no problems. What is everything tried to solve? How about going back to previous driver version?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes