Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

SorenGee
Journeyman III

RX 7900 XTX Grainy Graphics

Good Morning Everyone! 

I recently upgraded my PC from a GTX 1080 to an RX 7900 XTX. The performance boost is massive however the graphics / shaders are very grainy and I'm hoping to get help finding a solution. The grainy look is visible on every game I have played on (Satisfactory, Boulders Gate 3, FFXIV, Cyber Punk, Starfield, MSFS). And though the gameplay has been really nice, the graphics and grainy look has been distracting me and feels bad. I appreciate any assistance!

This I have tried already: 

1) DDU and clean reinstall of the driver

System Specs:

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G7 LC27G75TQSNXZA 27" Quad HD 2560x1440 2K

MB: ASUS TUF Gaming Z-690 Plus

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900KF

GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX

RAM: T-Force Vulcan 32GB (2x16GB)

Power: Rosewill SMG 1050W

1 Solution
ThreeDee
Paragon

Turn off Image sharpening .. I think that was the setting that caused what you are describing'ish that I messed with back when I was running a 5700xt and thought Hunt:Showdown looked "grainy".. it's been off ever since

Unrelated but good to do:

Make sure your motherboard's BIOS is up to date

Make sure you have the latest Intel chipset drivers from Intel.com website (just run their driver update utility to make sure all your Intel bits and pieces are up to date)

Make sure you are running separate power cables from your power supply to each power input on your GPU

ThreeDee PC specs

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

Turn off Image sharpening .. I think that was the setting that caused what you are describing'ish that I messed with back when I was running a 5700xt and thought Hunt:Showdown looked "grainy".. it's been off ever since

Unrelated but good to do:

Make sure your motherboard's BIOS is up to date

Make sure you have the latest Intel chipset drivers from Intel.com website (just run their driver update utility to make sure all your Intel bits and pieces are up to date)

Make sure you are running separate power cables from your power supply to each power input on your GPU

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Thank you for the reply!

After spending most of the day trouble shooting it is the Anti Aliasing and Sharpening. I'm just happy its not an issue with the graphics card, but also annoyed I cant simply set everything to "Ultra" and have the game be ready to go.

Now I have to watch youtube videos on how to set up the graphic settings for games. =[

0 Likes