Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Nuclear303
Journeyman III

RX 7900 GRE Game crashes

Hi everyone!
For a few days now I have this problem with game crashes. They happen really randomly, sometimes after 15 minutes of gameplay, sometimes after an hour or so in many games such as: Forza Horizon 4, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, AC Valhalla, War Thunder, Ghost Recon Wildlands.

I thought it could be a driver issue, so I deleted the driver using AMD's Cleanup Utility, and reinstalled the driver, this time in version 24.5.1 as I've heard of some problems with the latest version.
When the games crash, they usually hang for a few seconds after which they completely close.
As I was looking online for a possible solution I haven't seen any that could help me, with some saying that they gave up on their GRE's in favour of the green side of GPU's.

Thanks in advance for any help

My specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X

Mobo: MSI X570 GAMING PLUS

RAM: Patriot Viper 3200MT/s 16GB DDR4

0 Likes
4 Replies
Man4paradigm
Journeyman III

Ok, just installed Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 GRE Sunday, and I've had random crashes off and on.

I'll be either in game and open Adrenalin, change a setting and it'll go black and my PC restarts, or it'll just black screen and restart.

I have the newest drivers installed, Factory reset option this time. I was playing Cyberpunk cranked full and kept having screen tearing with V- sync on. Went to change some of the settings in Adrenalin and Bam! Reset.

I really hope it's drivers with a hot fix soon and I didn't buy the wrong card

0 Likes

Just built a new pc using this same graphics card. Same issue, game crashing. I've tried reinstalling drivers, checking my memory, and all plenty of other things nothing has worked.

If you find a solution that works, please let me know. This issue has been quite irritating

0 Likes

Hi! Recently I've actually found a solution after testing multiple ram stick's, gpu's and psu's borrowed from my family. Turns out that for some reason my motherboard or my ram doesn't like the fact that XMP was turned on, what I've done is manually setting the DRAM frequency to 3200MHz (which is the rated freq for my kit) and all games work as if nothing ever happened. If that doesn't work for you, try a bit lower frequency than your kit allows for, I have tested with 2800 MHz and so close to no difference in performance at all. I really hope that helps you too.

I just updated to the newest drivers (7/19/24) and all seemed fine till I started Second Sight and same thing... I'm gonna run different games and if it happens again I'll just drop back to the 4/17/24 drivers cause those seemed the most stable.

I don't mind dropping back but I don't understand why this is doing this. I will also try the XMP trick first too. But things like Cyberpunk and Warzone don't seem to trigger it this time.

0 Likes