Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bond133
Journeyman III

rx 7800 xt display port no signal

Hi,

So i upgraded my gpu from asus rtx 2080 super to sapphire nitro+ rx 7800 xt.

my rig -

intel i9 10900kf

asus b560 a

32gb

msi Optix MAG322CQR

on my rtx worked with dp without a problem. now with the amd dp not working but hdmi works fine...

I am working with the latest amd drivers, also before changing the gpu did safemode ddu properly.

I have seen  many people with that problem but without really solution but i want to try my luck here.

I would be grateful for the help

0 Likes
4 Replies
vindegosh
Journeyman III

Hi Guys,
I really need your help. No matter what I did, my brand-new PC doesn't post, or give a signal. Before coming to a conclusion that the GPU is faulty, I am suspecting about mobo and its compatibility with new gen gpus as I found some threads online from people having similar issues.

I installed 2060 and PC booted but it is an old gen GPU, what do you think of this situation? Am I denying the bitter truth here? or just being skeptical Any experience with similar issue.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Here are the specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte B650M DS3H - DDR5 mATX
CPU: Ryzen5 7500F
GPU: Asrock RX 7800 XT Steel Legend
RAM: 32GB (dual sticks) GSkill Ripjaws S5 - DDR5-6000, CL-36
PSU: Gigabyte UD850GM
SSD: Crucial P5 plus 1TB.

0 Likes

What is your power supply and specs for the new system? Has the main boards bios been updated?

0 Likes

Nice monitor have you tried a new DP cable of good quality. You could also try booting and logging into the OS and then switch out the HDMI for the DP to see if the port is dead or it's a bios or detection issue. Hot swapping display cables is fine but only one cable at a time to the monitor.

0 Likes
bond133
Journeyman III

OK so i found the solution in my case.

Update bios

replace to quality cable

hope this will help

0 Likes