cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SRes_lol
Journeyman III

RX 6950xt fans don't ramp up after pc wake (have to manually adjust fan tuning and apply changes)

When my pc goes into sleep mode or hibernation mode, when I return my and run a game I see temperatures rise. Pulling up AMD software adrenaline, I can see that the fan speed is fixed around 800-850 rpms and doesn't move higher although in my advanced fan control it should be at a much higher rpm for the temperature. To fix this, I have to change any the Fan Speed(PWM(%) / Temperature point (Doesn't matter how much or what point) and apply changes. Instantly it knows where the rpms should be and the fans ramp up to normal to keep cool temperatures. This is really annoying to have to do everyday, sometimes multiple times a day. What is the reason for this? What is a fix? Additionally, sometimes my .xml profile resets to default, meaning I have to import my ideal profile typically everyday (after pc restart/hibernation/sleep). Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
2 Replies
TOVOT
Journeyman III

no help from big companies, big companies dont know you exist (and dont care)

my GPU: Radeon RX 580 MSI ARMOR 8G OC

I have tha same crap issue...
every new start of Windows the custom "Fan Curve" reset and the .xml save settings dont work

Awol
Challenger

I use MSI Afterburner to set my fan curve and have had no issues at all with it.

X570 Aorus Elite / Ryzen 9 5900X / Sapphire Nitro+ RX6900 XT SE / 64GB Quad Kit Kingston Fury Black 3600MHZ CL16 / RM1000 X PSU

0 Likes