Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Swoobedyswoo
Journeyman III

RX 6950 XT random crashes

Hello guys,
im really frustrated right now, as i experience random crashes. I`ve got a new gaming pc, with the following specs:
CHA: NZXT H7 Elite v1 Black
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
MBO: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
GRA: AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT
RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (x4, so 64GB)
SSD: 2TB WD Black SN850PSU
PSU: 1000W be quiet! Straight Power 11, 80Plus Platinum
FAN: NZXT Z73 AiO
I get really random crashes, the PC just shuts down immediatly and everything is black. I have to turn it on again manually. The game performace usually is really good, so i dont understand why it crashes sometimes. Worst is at the game "Ready or not" on steam, i dont even get to the menu, the pc crashes at the loading screen all the time at the exact same spot.
I tried everything i found on the internet, but nothing helps… i updated drivers, reinstalled windows, set everything to normal, no oc… was checking ram with windows tool, also everything fine… like i said, im really frustrated… the ingame performance is really great, but the random crashes really ruin everything.

Temperature is fine, and 1000W should be more than enough.

I really hope someone can help me…

Ps: Sorry for my english

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

3 Replies
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

It can be either hardware or software issue. App incompatability, Antivirus (and Valorant have quite rigorous one) **ckery, Unstable GPU, CPU or RAM OC. Instant Replay is known for causing wonky behaviour.
Check system stability on all aspects. Check CPU for errors with Y-Cruncher and/or Core-Cycler. (this one is even better) GPU for artifacting with MSI Kombustor. RAM with... TM5 Anta777 profile extreme or ABSOLUT. 

Complete shutdown is either some sort of protection (if it is - be glad it works so well so many times), or complete instability. Because with driver issue either app will crash, or driver will crash. 
Pure shutdown, huh. I had similar symptom when i OC-ed FCLK on my GPU too much. But you probably would've met this issue a lot more often, as it is literally load dependant. 
Tell us one thing. Do you need to turn PC OFF before turning it on again? 
Because with instabilities it will either freeze frame or completely shutdown (and reboot if memory is set in mobo BIOS). And if it is going into blackscreen with fans at 100%, that likely means some sort of hardware issue, more than software. 

Swoobedyswoo
Journeyman III

Thank you for the infos!

No, i dont need to turn it off, it completely shuts down...

I was playing around with the OC-Settings in the Adrenaline Software, and was trying to undervolt/overclock it... and well, it worked. All games i played until now were running smooth and i could even start "Ready or not" without problems.

I really hope it stays that way. Also i didnt install the newest driver 22.8.2, i am sticking to 22.5.1, i am scared that it will crash again if i install the new one...

Increase your virtual memory, a lot.

0 Likes