Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ArgentTree
Adept I

RX 6900 XT w/ DP 2.0 cable. Blackscreen until unplug/replug DP cable

Hey all-

Windows 10, RX 6900 XT. Turn the computer on, see the bios post, goes into a black screen, but I hear windows running. Stays in that state until I unplug and then replug the DP cable into the exact same port on the card. Upgraded motherboard BIOS, upgraded to latest drivers with AMD, and have tried rolling back to 21.5.2. Doesn't seem to make a difference. About to open a case with AMD, but thought I'd try here first. 

Anybody got thoughts/ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution
X_treme_1
Journeyman III

I had to unplug everything, both Display Ports, shut down my PC and cut the power by the back switch to kill all power.  Waited for 30 sec, plugged screens back in then turned power switch on and PC after that.  It reset my DP and has been fine since. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
1FastMalibu
Journeyman III

What monitor do you have? The name and model number would help too. 

Which dp cable are you using? I know it should be backwards compatible if you have a 1.4 to 1.2 etc, but there could be a link verification issue with the cable.

Do you have an HDMI cable and input on your monitor? If so I would see if a good quality HDMI cable causes the same issue.

If it doesn't I would look into getting a better DP 1.4 cable. 

Also if both cables cause this issue, go into your bios and do a default startup (no oc, no docp ram profile aka. xmp., Etc.)

Also what power supply are you running?

0 Likes
Zolex
Adept III

I also had this problem and my solution was quite simple. But the last thing on my mind.
After I did a reset to the default setting on my screen the problem was solved. (Samsung Odyssey G7)

0 Likes
X_treme_1
Journeyman III

I had to unplug everything, both Display Ports, shut down my PC and cut the power by the back switch to kill all power.  Waited for 30 sec, plugged screens back in then turned power switch on and PC after that.  It reset my DP and has been fine since.