cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Jimmy59
Journeyman III

rx 6800 XT tuf gaming problem

Hello I have a problem with my rx 6800 xt. I bought my card 3 years ago after a month it was already messing up black screen etc. They exchanged it for me and today 3 years later I am bothered again...

The problem is that my card disconnects which causes me black screens when I say it disconnects in fact, I have to touch it in the tower or move it very very gently to get the display back.... the phenomenon occurs much more when the card is used.
I thought at first it was my pci port on my motherboard but the second slot does the same thing and on another computer too. At 1200 euros the graphics card that's it..

Has this happened to anyone else?
A big thank you.

6 Replies
eebiii
Forerunner

Compress air all of those pci-e slots. Give your cards interface a good alcohol cleaning. If that doesn't work, maybe just be a bad HDMI / Display port cable. Did you try changing that out? I don't see any of your specs so I am guessing. lol Do you have dedicated lines running to the GPU from the PSU? PSU could be an issue but depends on the other parts in the system. 

0 Likes

Good evening, so I have already tested everything you said. With my old GPU rx 480 x gaming everything is fine, I even moved the card in all directions in the tower and everything is fine.
On the other hand with my 6800xt when I manage to have the screen for the little that my tower moves bam I have a black screen.

if you want I play quietly I wanted to change position on my chair and my knees to type under the desk, and directly after that I had a black screen and that's when my card started to mess up

i'm sorry for my english i'm french 

0 Likes
Jimmy59
Journeyman III

Hello, I have news, I put my graphics card in the oven as a last resort... When I plugged it back in, the problem was still there.
Since yesterday I managed to make it work even in games, in fact my GPU has a problem in the PCI-E connector. I had to find a system with a wedge that pushes it down, the fact that it is pressed on top makes it work normally.
Do you think it's the PCI port and that it is HS?

0 Likes
eebiii
Forerunner

I would say the pci-e port, but I am usually wrong. Maybe it just needs some new thermal grease applied? take HS off and do a good cleaning and replace the memory thermal pads and put some new grease on. and by taking it apart and doing that you would eliminate that being an issue. 

Make sure all the MB drivers are up to date also. To me everything pointing to MB pci-e slots but like I said I am usually wrong.

0 Likes

Good evening eebii, All the drivers are up to date. For the thermal paste it's done then I put it in the oven for 20 minutes at 220 ° I spoke too quickly my gpu no longer works as soon as I launch a game after a few minutes my screen starts to make black screens come back black screens come back with the jerky sound .... my gpu really died ?? because for office videos etc I have no problem with it is as soon as I play ... is not my power supply I tried it on 2 other PCs the results are the same

0 Likes

Hi can someone please help me? I have had RX6800 XT card for just 9 months from ebay second hand, although normal use of PC is fine, but whenever I game, any game I play with quality (performance) resolutions, the PC pretty much crashes. The screen goes black and even if the PC restarts, the screen remains black as if not input is detected. So, I have to turn it off restart it again for it to work and the screen to come back on. 

I have checked event viewer, and I seem to be getting this error;

Faulting application name: atieclxx.exe
Version: 32.0.11029.1008
Time stamp: 0x6694a0c5
Faulting module name: atiadlxx.dll_unloaded
Version: 32.0.11029.1008
Time stamp: 0x6694a07a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000c3640
Faulting process id: 0x0xC64
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DAF19C0DDB991A
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0405988.inf_amd64_4848c4ddcd38443b\B405281\atieclxx.exe
Faulting module path: atiadlxx.dll

0 Likes