Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

UnAcknowledged
Journeyman III

RX 6800 XT & Rebooting Under Load

Hi there AMD Community !

I decided to come to come & try team red for the first time & I'm happy I did, the software is great, the card seems great.

I do have an issue though !

I recently purchased an XFX RX 6800 XT from eBay & all is well, card seems brand new even, the guy who sold it to me doesn't even game much & I have inspected it, it doesn't seem to have been taken apart at any point, stickers are where they need to be, no screwhead scratch marks or anything of the sorts. I've been doing some gaming on it and it's been going great until I get to some pretty demanding titles, Hogwarts Legacy in particular. Launching that and playing for a few minutes, the computer just shuts down and then reboots. I thought strange.... Check temperatures, idles around 35-50 degrees ( It's REALLY humid where I live currently ) so that's alright. I then try to render an image, same issue, hard shut down and then reboots. So to do a final test, I download Furmark & the moment I click gpu stress test, boom. Hard shut down & reboot.

I did the correct procedure coming from Nvidia to AMD and used DDU ( Display Driver Uninstaller ) & even tested on a fresh drive where Nvidia had not been installed. I've tried different cables from my PSU and same result.

So I was wondering if any of you could help me, would be highly appreciated. Many thanks.

P.S. If I need to do anything in the Radeon Software, let me know as I'm still getting to grips with it.

My Specs are:

CPU: I7 6700K 4.0 GhZ

RAM: 32 GB DDR4 - Corsair Dominators

GPU: XFX RX 6800 XT Merc

Motherboard: STRIX H270F GAMING

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO

PSU: Corsair HX1200i

UPDATE: After booting in to safe mode and installing just the driver, rebooting and was still failing. I then turned to re-install radeon software and undervolting the card, this then allowed Furmark to Run. I also got Hogwarts to run longer than 2 minutes without rebooting. But it did reboot after 15 minutes or so.

0 Likes
0 Replies