cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

arielurban
Journeyman III

Rx 6800 Temperature

Hello, I have an Rx 6800, the truth is that it is strange how the temperature increases to 90 degrees when I start a game, I tried the graphics on a rig to mine cryptocurrency and the temperature remains at 62 Degrees so I don't understand why the temperature rises so much on my pc my case is open it has a lot of air flow before I played and the temperature was 70 at the most Now the temperature increases too much I only have 2 months with the graph and I have come to think that it is an update that is causing that increase in temperature some fault 

here is a picture of my pc 

0 Likes
2 Replies
arielurban
Journeyman III

Picsart_22-04-06_11-38-57-036.jpg

0 Likes

Possibly some Update or driver is making your GPU to run a little bit hotter than normal.

If 90c is your GPU's Hot Spot then it is still well below its Maximum Operating Temperature Hot Spot of 110c.

Did something change your GPU's Fan curve or you can make your GPU fan curve more aggressive if you are running the PC 24/7 for Crypto-mining.

I doubt if the Thermal Paste or Pads are less efficient or needs to be replaced.  I would believe that would occur after at least a year of running.