Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

CosmicViolet
Adept I

RX 6800 No Display Signal

Hello.

Been having troubles the past 6 months with this, as when I play certain games, or even not playing games at times my PC lose DP signal, RGB freezes on the GPU and then it just locks itself, gotta move my DP to my motherboard to reactivate my GPU in the Device Manager as I restart 2-5 times before I get the GPU back working, not really sure what the problem is, as I've read similar things are AMD drivers not properly working with some Windows 11 updates but I might be wrong.

Not sure if I need a new cable, or try HDMI or worst might be I need to get a new PSU since I  rather not get a new GPU after having this RX 6800 for a year now.

Computer System Specifications:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 5.5GHz
ASUS TUF AMD Radeon RX 6800 OC
ASUS X670-E TUF ATX Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2x16) RGB DDR5 6000MHz
Corsair H115i Pro RGB AIO Cooler 280MM
Corsair MP510 240 GB Boot Drive M.2 SSD
Corsair MP600 PRO LPX 1TB M.2 SSD
Corsair HXi Platinum 750Watt
Corsair C70 Military Green Case

Blue Yeti Microphone
Logitech G733 Wireless Headset
Logitech G910 Mechanical Keyboard
Logitech G600 MMO Mouse
Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcamera

ASUS VG32VQR / 32" / WQHD / Curved / 1ms / 165Hz / DP - Freesync On

0 Likes
1 Solution

Did a full new clean of my computer, not sure what it was but now it works flawlessly for some reason..

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Kalana
Challenger

Hi, did it start after Adrenalin update? And, have you tried turning off the Freesync?

0 Likes

I have not tried that, will  try turning off Freesync!

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Is your motherboard's BIOS up to date?

Do you have the latest AM5 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com website?

Are you running separate power cables from  your PSU to each power input on your GPU?

Have you tried simply reseating your GPU?

DP cables are cheap .. might try that IF issue persists .. or try a different DP port on your GPU

Drivers wouldn't make  your GPU just "disapear" .. you crash .. lock up .. blue screen .. driver timeout maybe .. 

How are the temps on your GPU?

Are you running any cable extenders INSIDE your case? .. ie PCIe riser cable ..etc

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Hello!

Seems the Freesync did not fix it, I do not use any extensions on the GPU, more on the fans only for the cooling and AIO.
My AM5 seems to be up to date.
I have reseated my GPU as I always do such when I clean the computer which is every two months.
Temps are usually between 50-70 depending on what game I play too.

0 Likes

Hi, sorry to hear that didn't work. It could be a software switching your discrete GPU to iGPU on the CPU. You can check in Adrenalin Graphic Workload is set to GPU. Even a corrupted driver could mess it up and Switch it to the iGPU. Or else a hardware related. Likely the GPU looses power due to faulty connections.  Also, have you checked the cables are firmly fixed and maybe try different pair?

0 Likes

Also if you can while in on the mobo connection put your monitor back to 60hz if it's higher, and do a few test to see if it happens at 60hz.

0 Likes

Hello!

Will do, if I ever get into that problem, less often I need to switch DP into Motherboard as I usually just shut down the computer, turn off the power on the back of the PSU and then back on after 30 sec, boot up and it works again.
I saw a video that this mostly happens when having a video in the background playing or a stream too, which I tend to have when I play games.. Which is annoying, because me and another, when we play together, we usually stream to each other as well in Discord just so we can see what we're doing.. So it seems to mainly affect some video feedback or something in the background too, but alas.. Will try things out..

0 Likes

Did a full new clean of my computer, not sure what it was but now it works flawlessly for some reason..