recently bought a new desktop  for gaming on 1440p:

Monitor Asus TUF WQHD VG27WQ connected with DisplayPort 

Reference RX 6800 card with latest AMD Driver 20.12.2

Ryzen 3600

Mobo Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming

Corsair  16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB Black CL16

Western Digital Black 500GB SN750 M.2 NVMe

NZXT 750w Gold power supply 

my problem is with AC Odyssey FPS that won’t go above the 55 average FPS and with 25 low FPS and 68 maximum FPS on their benchmark program with 1440p wqhd on ultra settings with AA To low, shadows To low and volumetric clouds To low.

GPU temp on load is 69 c  and tjunction 86 c .

According with all the benchmarks available i should be  getting on 1440p with ultra settings something around 85 on average. So i’m trailing around 30 FPS!

can someone give me a hand here?  i can’t seem To find the problem here.

0 Likes
4 Replies
fatal11Prime
Journeyman III

This game very bad optimizitation.Your graphic card not bad performance , game very bad optimize. amd rx series low fps in ac odssey.my rx 5700 xt ultra 30-60 fps 

TY for your input but you are getting with an 5700xt The same type of FPS performance that i’m having with an 6800... I think that similar builds with a ryzen 3600 and 6800 are  getting an average of 80 FPS on ultra 1440p.

Tried  battlefield v in 1440p with ultra settings and RT off and was able to have around 140 FPS. Os The expected FPS for my gpu with this settings?

TY

0 Likes
salmja79
Journeyman III

Hi,

did you ever manage to solve this issue as I have the exact same problem with this card and game. Other benchmarks and gaming performance is where i'd expect it to be however performance tanks in Odyssey. The GPU core won't get above around 15090 Mhz and frame rates at best hit around 70. I've tried everything including reinstalling the game etc but can't figure out what the issue is especially when I can see other posting better scores with this card 

0 Likes

@salmja79 , @Pafpv , @fatal11Prime 

Hitting you all with this, it's the game. The cards/hardware are fine, it's the game coding and like on e said the optimization is lacking in some titles, this is one. CPU intensive games in general are all having issues, Warzone, FarCry5, COD Cold War, CSGO (for some), and more.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes