cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Deus_Vult
Adept I

RX 6750 xt pixelation issues with smoke, fire and particle effects.

Hello,

While playing various games in the past I have noticed issues with pixelation and artifacts throughout most fire and smoke effects,

Playing Ghost of Tsushima and Total War Warhammer 3 has led me to believe that rather than being a game specific issue there seems to be an inherent issue with the driver or model itself. (I have had other AMD users with the same card report this issue which i will link below if reddit links are ok to post) I have also tried changing all the setting seperately to see if was an ingame issue.

It seems that while difficult to replicate on various games, there is definitely an issue of some form.

Due to issues with file upload size limit I will simply link the reddit post, as reducing the file size will most likely make it more difficult to see the issue (it is harder to see in a screenshot as compared to seeing it within the games themselves)

If there is an issue with linking Reddit, then i will be happy to take alternate routes to get the image on here.

Reddit post with issue 

Reddit r/AMDHelp Crosspost 

Thank you.

0 Likes
9 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Could it be that maybe FSR is causing this?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

Unfortunately I have tried the game with multiple variations of settings, FSR doesnt seem to be the solution to this issue as I usually have it off, same with frame generation, Dynamic resolution settings, as well as any of the variations of AA and the like.

Thank you for the suggestion though, I'm glad that i am getting such quick responses.

0 Likes

I noticed in a few games, a while ago, that smoke looked pixelated and so did explosions in Doom Eternal, while using my 6800 XT. I never really found a resolution and accepted that it looked this way. 

I am curious. Which resolution are you playing with?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

I am playing on 1440p my monitors native resolution, I also have a second screen where i have tested it and there seems to be the same issue present, other screen is an old 1080p monitor (both 16:9)

Okay, I thought maybe the resolution was just low. It looks like the AA isn't functioning as it should.

divorcewife
Journeyman III

I have this issue, too. Same GPU, and the latest driver update didn't resolve it. 

Ah wait. Turning off vSync seems to have resolved the issue for me.

If the issue is still there, I will have to try this when I buy the game.

0 Likes
dragonsilva
Journeyman III

I have same issue (rain, smoke, fire look like pixel), im use CPU 5600x and GPU Vega56 with latest driver, i tried everything but nothing work, i thing AMD need an update for this game !

0 Likes