Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

WOTP
Journeyman III

RX 6700 XT low and unstable frames in League of Legends

Hi, 

a few months ago I got myself my an AMD RX 6700 XT GIGABYTE Eagle as replacement for my old GTX 1660 super. While the card runs most current games flawlessly (including Cyberpunk, Star Wars Jedi suvivor and Diablo 4) at really high settings, it has always been struggling to reach high and constant frames in less-gpu demaning games, especially league of legends. My old 1660 super was able to hit around 200 fps in league on high settings, whereas my new 6700 XT barely hits those numbers and oft enough settles at around 100-120 fps. This is especially weird, as my gpu and cpu usage is quite low (gpu around 20-30% and cpu around 30%). 

I recently did a clean install of windows 11 on my pc, but even that did not help. So far, I tried:

• disabling the ULPS mode
  • creating a profile in which my gpu always stays in a range of 2250 - 2350 mHz
  • running games with the adrenaline software (and its settings) or using "just" the drivers (no difference in performance for me)
  • set windows power plan to highest performance
  • upgraded all drivers for my motherboard, gpu and my motherboards BIOS
  • disabling all background overlays and other background programs which could lead to worse performance

I know that League of legends and similar games are quite cpu demanding and that my cpu theoretically bottlenecks my gpu, as I however got more frames in the same setup with my old card and my cpu and gpu usage is quite low, I dont think that my processor is the issue.

My setup:

• Asus TUF Gaming B560-PLUS WIFI
  • Intel Core i5 10400F
  • Corsair DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3200 Kit
  • beQuiet Pure Rock 2 cpu cooler
  • AMD RX 6700 XT GIGABYTE Eagle

I would really appreciate some help, as the choppy performance in especially league is quite exhausting and doesnt match the great performance the gpu shows in newer games.

0 Likes
0 Replies